Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Black Dog Cafe - Good Ambiance, Overrated Food and Drink

308 Prince St. St PaulMN 55101


I usually go here for a cup of coffee before a Sunday of NFL football or before a STRIKEFORCE Event to get a little more jacked up.
The coffee consistency is mediocre, usually ranging from above average to excellent and the service is friendly.
After seeing their Cubano sandwich rated #1 on the cover of the Pioneer Press eat section a few months ago I decided to try it myself and decide if it was still worthy of that ranking..it is not.
Not a bad sandwich, the flavors are competitive and complement each other o.k, but it is definitely overrated if you ask me. If your sick of the same old sandwich though and don't have too picky of tastes you will likely enjoy it. Of course there is the possibility that the sandwich wasn't at its best the day I walked in, so I shall try it again and change my review if it improves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts