Friday, November 12, 2010

Plaza Garibaldi - Best Mexican Around for Price/Quality/Service!

7129 10th St N OakdaleMN 55128


Just last night, the 12th of September, I once again reminded myself why I frequent this magnificent establishment on a weekly basis. My taste buds have grown tired of a lot of foods as of late; especially the repeat offenders, i.e. the fast food burger, the trans fat french fries-it all taste the same; cloned and common. Which is why when I want rich, delicious, memorable authentic Mexican food, I quickly find my way to Plaza Garibaldi, the finest Mexican food that I have ever indulged in.
First, the warm chips and dips arrive, a delicious, cool, tomato salsa with fresh cilantro that dances around my merry taste buds, with rushes of flavor coming in waves, escalating with each splash of the warm tortilla chip into the the welcoming dip..After a half dozen dips I will switch to the custom dip they have perfected that lures me back each time; a velvety, cream colored ranch dip with hints of many other flavors which send my taste buds aflutter. Shortly the chips will be gone, but for now I will aIternate between the two, averaging 5-7 dips per bowl before succumbing to the advances of the other dip. The server will ask me if I want more chips, but I will politely decline-too much of a good thing..Tonight, (as usual) I am feeling ordering the #1 off the dinner menu; 1 beef taco, 2 cheese enchiladas, and one very happy customer. I eat the beef taco first, and my anxious taste buds salivate as the thick, ivory, mozzarella greets the perfectly browned and seasoned beef, and meshes with the warm taco shell to blend for a fireworks of deliciousness. After the taco is quickly deposited, I move to the enchiladas, chopping each piece off in 2 inch sections and methodically mixing the gooey, generous servings of melted Mexican (goat?) cheese, with the pliable, inviting tortilla shell, and the mild enchilada sauce, which does a capable job of not overpowering, the thick, yet mild nirvana that is the aforementioned cheese sauce..Yet with all the above that I have mentioned about Plaza Garibaldi, there are three more essential, and equally great things to know about this establishment; the #1 plate I often get when I go there is only $7.00!!! The service is great, the food is consistently excellent, and the price is outrageously low for the quality of the food...and the speed at which they bring the food out never ceases to amaze me..

Plaza Garibaldi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts