Monday, November 15, 2010

Nelson's Drive Inn Dairy Store - Deliciously Thick Shakes and Malts

920 Olive St W StillwaterMN 55082


I haven't had a Nelson's shake in quite a few years, but the memory still lingers on from the many I have had in the past. If they are still making them the same as when I went you will not be disappointed.
To give you an idea of how delicious the shakes are let me paint a picture.. The year is 2001, I am playing basketball in a league every Sunday evening. Afterword as a treat, and to counteract any health benefits from sprinting back and forth, and jumping to and fro, I would go over to Nelson's and order myself a $3 dollar shake (that is what they cost at the time-not sure now). EVERY TIME, I would get about 3/4 of the way through the shake before my stomach started to writhe in pain, likely something to do with the lactic acid going head to head with twenty ounces of thick dairy goodness. Ignoring the pleas in my stomach to stop, my taste buds simply could never get enough until the last bit was gone, and would soldier on every time through the stomach contractions. I don't know what giving birth is like, but for five minutes at Nelson's after a night of basketball, every Sunday, I think I was treated to a small sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts